New Full Tank shot was added to the Introduction page gallery.
Tank is now 53 months since going Algae Turf Scrubber as the main filtration.
Also is now 15 months since going to the Near Zero Water Change philosophy.
I added my monthly dosings today:
50ml Triton Strontium
1/3 Cup Potassium Cloride
.25 mil of Triton Vanadium
1 Capsule of Molybdenum
.5mil of Triton Zinc
.5mil of Triton Nickel
5mil of Sodium Silicate ( AKA Liguid Glass )
Other Maintenance, I did a long overdue siphon the sandbed into a filter sock. Cleaned the front and back glass.
Extremely Pleased with the Latest Triton Results. Images from tests are below.
Elements that came back in the Red:
Making 1 time adjustments based on Triton recommendations:
Triton Vanadium: 1 mil
DIY Recipe Pottasium: 1 cup
Triton Strontium: 180mil
.5 Teaspoon Borax in heated RO/DI: Should raise approx .5ppm in 200g
Mn 4 drops
Triton NI: 30Mil
Triton Zinc: 2mil
Adjustments to my Daily/Weekly/Montly dosing:
No changes to my daily and weekly dosages, only need to tweak my monthly ones:
Purchased new Salifert test kits for Caclium and Magnesium from Bulkreefsupply.
I wanted to get new ones and test just prior to sending off another Triton Test.
1.025 sg = Salinity ( Milwaukee Digital Refractometer )
400ppm = Calcium ( using Salifert ) - added 100ml of BRS Caclium Chloride solution
8.5dkh = Alkalinity ( using Salifert )
1350ppm = Magnesium ( using Salifert ).
Will be sending off a Triton Test on Monday usually takes 10-14days to get the results. Will use the test result to tweak my daily/monthly/weekly element dosages.